1. MHL’s Body Corporate client won a Commissioner’s office application involving a claim for an exclusive use allocation.
2. MHL’s Body Corporate client secured important concessions from a major developer in the negotiation of a ground anchor licence. An adjoining owner not represented by MHL is now facing an expensive legal battle.
3. MHL’s Body Corporate client won a Commissioner’s office application where an owner had tried to obtain an interim order to prevent the continuation of refurbishment works.
4. MHL congratulates Jeremy Brown on his promotion to Senior Associate. Before joining MHL in February 2018, Jeremy practised for 5 years as an insurance lawyer. Jeremy has been a key member of our legal team working on complex contracts and insurance issues.
5. Peter Hunt, Hayley Gath and Jeremy Brown attended the annual conference of Strata Communities Australia (Qld) on the Gold Coast.
6. Peter Hunt presented a paper on caretaking disputes to the annual conference of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers (‘ACSL’) in Auckland. Peter is a Fellow of the ACSL.
7. Dr Kate Mathews attended the annual conference of the Australian Consumer Congress in Melbourne.