1. MHL drafted a series of complicated inter-related motions relating to significant rectification works required by a Body Corporate that involved the raising of two special levies. These motions were subsequently passed at an EGM.
2. MHL advised on a complex contractual matter for one of the Gold Coast’s premier Body Corporate buildings in relation to early stage rectification works. The matter included negotiating favourable settlement terms with the other party and its insurer, and advising on the contracts to engage the relevant contractors so that the body corporate is appropriately protected.
3. MHL successfully defended a Body Corporate against an owner’s application for interim orders to prevent the implementation of a resolution at an annual general meeting to engage a Body Corporate Manager.
4. MHL successfully defended a Body Corporate against an application for interim orders made by a lot owner to prevent the implementation of EGM resolutions approving the settlement of long running litigation and raising the settlement funds by a special levy.
5. MHL prepared submissions for a Body Corporate in support of an owner’s application for interim orders to prevent the implementation of motions submitted by another owner for its sole benefit and to the detriment of all other owners. The Commissioner’s Office granted the requested interim orders.
6. MHL successfully defended an application seeking interim orders to stop MHL’s client from proceeding with significant renovation works to its lot which had been approved at the recent AGM. In this case, the relevant works were already underway (and significant funds had been spent) in reliance on the AGM motions and a subsequent contract.