1. MHL’s Body Corporate client won a Commissioner’s office adjudication application requiring the owners of a lot to remove window tinting that had been installed without Body Corporate approval. In this case, the opposition to the window tinting related to the visual impact that the tinting had on the scheme’s appearance.
2. MHL’s Body Corporate client won a Commissioner’s office adjudication application in which an owner sought to have a motion seeking approval for renovation works deemed to have been passed after the owners refused to pass it. In this case, the opposition to the renovation works related to the uncertainty as to the extent of the works and required use of common property airspace.
3. MHL’s Body Corporate won a Commissioner’s office adjudication application against the owners of a lot for orders that the Body Corporate’s decision to refuse consent to a motion at a general meeting was unreasonable. In this case, the motion related to:
- retrospective approval for significant works (including a sizeable rooftop structure) undertaken to the owners’ lot, which also encroached onto the common property; and
- a proposed licence in respect of the areas which were subject to the encroachment.
4. MHL attended the annual conference of Strata Community Association – Qld branch.
5. MHL attended the annual conference of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers.